Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Getting Caught Up: Weeks 10 & 11

The last week and a half or so has been rough! I caught a virus on Monday the 28th and am just now starting to feel better again. At first I thought it was the flu, but the fever stayed low grade...so it might have just been one of those things going around. Let me tell you though, being sick while pregnant is terrible. Being pregnant on its own is exhausting, but adding illness really takes it to a whole new level of misery! Between panicking about my fever getting too high and hurting the babies and throwing up from coughing so hard...it was rough. I still have a cough left over from the ordeal, but hopefully that's on its way out as well.

In other news, we also had a prenatal appointment last Thursday (@ 11 weeks exactly). The doctor told me that we would only be able to hear one heartbeat with the doppler because the babies are so close together at this point in time that it's virtually impossible to tell the heartbeats apart. It was such a relief to hear that heartbeat though. Seriously, it's a beautiful sound! Towards the end the doctor pointed out what sounded like a second heartbeat underneath the first. It sort of sounded like an echo of the main heartbeat. He said  he was pretty sure that was baby number two. It made me feel a lot better, because I have been worried that something bad has happened to one of my little monkeys in there. This early stage of pregnancy is hard on the nerves because you can't tell what's going on in there! We have our NT Ultrasound scheduled for Monday (just 5 days from now!!) and I can't wait to see both babies. I am, of course, a little nervous...but it's mostly excitement. The babies should look like babies now!!!

Yesterday was mine and Nathan's second wedding anniversary. It is truly astonishing to think about how fast the last two years have passed. It hasn't always been easy and we have had our share of disagreements, but if I had to do it over again, he would still be the one. I can't imagine what my life would be without him. He really is my rock and I feel so lucky to have met and married such a wonderful man. I know that he will be a wonderful father and just thinking about that moment when he meets his babies makes me tear up a little. We ended up going out to dinner, which was my first time out of the house since I got sick (other than to go to my OB appointment). I always feel a little bad going out to eat when I still have a cough, but there was no way that I was going to miss my anniversary dinner! He got me some lovely roses, chocolate truffles, and the sweetest card ever.



Now, onto our weekly updates!!

Week 10


Weight132 (-4 lbs)
Due Date: August 22, 2013
Baby is the size of: A kumquat or a prune
Maternity Clothes?: I bought my first pair of maternity jeans because they were on sale, but since I spent most of my week in my pajamas I didn't end up wearing them.
Symptoms: This week it was virtually impossible to separate pregnancy symptoms from my other symptoms of just being sick.
EmotionsHonestly, I was pretty negative this week...but I think being sick will do that to a person. I was super worried about how running a fever would affect the babies, but luckily Tylenol kept it under control.
Notable News or Events: Monthly OB Appointment where we got to hear heartbeats with the doppler for the first time.
Movement?: Not yet...could still be awhile.
Stretch Marks?: Still too early.
Upcoming Appointments: NT Scan on 2/11
What People are Saying: We jokingly decided to call the babies our "halflings." Although, we still don't do so consistently. They are normally just the babies and sometimes still the baby beans. 


The photos are too zoomed in this week, but honestly I was so sick that I didn't care enough to retake them. They were also taken at the very end of week 10 and not the middle...but I did what I could!


Week 11


Weight131 (-5 lbs)
Due Date: August 22, 2013
Baby is the size of: A fig! 
Maternity Clothes?: I can technically still fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans, but I did wear my maternity pants when we went out to dinner last night.
Symptoms: Mostly just tired. I did end up purchasing a doppler to use at home so that I could hear the heartbeats (well, I can mostly just find one..but that's good  enough for now) which has been a huge relief.
EmotionsFeeling more upbeat this week! Hearing the heartbeats and seeing my OB at the beginning of the week really made me feel more confident. I am super excited to see the babies at my ultrasound on Monday. I'm a little nervous too, but mostly just excited.
Notable News or Events: Our 2 year wedding anniversary was on Tuesday! 
Movement?: Not yet.
Stretch Marks?: Still too early.
Upcoming Appointments: NT Scan on 2/11
What People are Saying: This week has been pretty quiet, but all of our family was happy to hear about heartbeats at our doctor's appointment. 




No comments:

Post a Comment