Friday, May 3, 2013

PPROM - Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes

I am posting on my phone and it is an impossible post to have to make. Baby A's amniotic sac ruptured on Tuesday at 23 weeks and 5 days. So far I am not showing signs of infection or labor and am on hospital bed rest. However, the second that I start showing signs of infection or when my body goes into labor on its own, the boys will be born. The odds are not in our favor and there is nothing that I can do to change anything. I will try to post again sometime soon with more details...but for now I am asking for prayers for me and my babies. We are at a really high risk of infection and while the babies are technically viable right now, their odds of survival are around 50% and the odds of catastrophic disability for any surviving babies is terrifyingly high. Every single day matters so much right now. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers! I can't imagine what you're going through! Praying for you and the boys.

    ReplyDelete