Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Still Pregnant Three Weeks Later!

Three weeks ago I thought that my world was ending. I thought that the future held no hope and that there was no way we would make it through everything. At that time I couldn't think past "tomorrow." People would mention 26, 27, or 28 weeks and it honestly seemed like some sort of pipe dream.

Today, at 26 weeks and 5 days I am still here. Three weeks after my world came crashing down around me, we are still standing (metaphorically speaking of course, there is not a lot of standing going on around here). I still have a hard time imagining 28 weeks, but we have made it past 26 and 27 is within our sights. I am still not taking it for granted that we'll make it there, but it seems genuinely possible and the fact that it's a very real possibility gives me so much hope. I don't know if we'll make it to 28 weeks (my big goal) or even 27, but we have made it three weeks past the day when I was sure my babies weren't going to make it. I am still not sure that they will, but I am hopeful and that is a good feeling.

Will our future be difficult? It undoubtedly will be very, very, very difficult...but I have learned a lot about myself and about the love that I already hold  for my boys and I think that those lessons and that love will help me to make it through whatever comes next. Whether the next three weeks are spent on hospital bed rest or in the NICU, I know that somehow I will make it through them. I will have my moments/hours/days when everything feels unbearable, but with God behind me and my husband by my side, I know that I will make it through.

So here is to three weeks of pregnancy that I didn't think I would get to have! Three weeks of baby kicks and  squirms, three weeks of babies growing and developing, three weeks full of support from friends and family all over the world, and three weeks full of prayer and blessings!




1 comment:

  1. Hooray for 3 weeks! Way to go, Heather! I'm praying for you daily :)

    ReplyDelete