Thursday, April 18, 2013

Week 21!

Yay for another week!! Every week is one step closer to taking my boys home and I honestly can't even explain how excited I am about that.

Week 21 was an overall nice week. One of DH's friends got married on Saturday, so we even got out of the house and socialized over the weekend. I really meant to take a picture of my outfit since it turned out pretty cute, but I was so tired by the time we got home that I pretty much just fell into bed. I am definitely starting to feel the strain of pregnancy. My stomach and back start to hurt if I've been standing too long, if I sit in one place/position for too long my back and hips hurt, and I have to turn over every hour or two all night long to keep from getting too uncomfortable as well. We went on a giant grocery shopping trip Tuesday evening and I had to lie down for an hour just to recover from it. I wasn't in great shape to start off with and I have been very careful not to overdo it ever since we found out we were having twins. Who would have thought that walking around the store for an  hour and a half would be overdoing it though?! Overall though, these are pretty minor complaints. I'm not terribly uncomfortable yet and I am super grateful for that. I know that it's only going to get harder from here on out, but I am trying to embrace the aches and pains as a right  of passage into motherhood!

This is going to be a short blog post since I wanted to write it before I got too far into week 22 and today is my wonderful husband's birthday. When I met him 3+ years ago, I could have never imagined that we would be where we are today. Our relationship has always been a whirlwind, so it's not really a surprise that as soon as we decided to start a family we would go all out and end up with twins. I just feel so incredibly blessed to be sharing this journey with Nathan and I probably don't say that enough. I don't know how I would get through the hard days and the worry without him. He is definitely my rock, the solid, stable base that I depend on for my sanity. I am a worrier by nature whereas he is calm and logical at all times. When my hormones get the better of me, his is the shoulder that I want to cry on. I used to turn to my family and while I will still call them on a rough day, my husband is the one who sees me at my worst moments. He is also the only one who I know will not judge me during those moments. 29 years ago his mom gave birth to him and the world (or at least my world) is so much better because of that moment. Happy Birthday Nathan! This next year will certainly be momentous and I am so excited to see you take on the role of fatherhood with the same love and dedication that you have for your role as my husband.

Week 21!!
Weight149 (+13 lbs overall)
Due Date: August 22, 2013
Genders?: Both Boys!
Baby is the size of: A Carrot! - babies are measured from head to foot starting at 20 weeks instead of head to rump (note: all sizes are comparing the length of baby to a fruit)
Maternity Clothes?: Yep! I think that I might be in need of some maternity pajama shirts as well, since the normal tank tops that I wear look ridiculous with 2 inches of belly hanging out!
Symptoms: Lots of aches and pains, but overall not too bad considering I have two babies growing in there!
Emotions: Feeling alright, not really up or down this week.
Notable News or Events: Justin and Amy's wedding was this week....I guess that's about it really.
Movement?: Yes! It varies from day to day, but it is so comforting to feel these little kicks and nudges. I pretty much only feel movement down low and I think that's because Baby A's placenta is covering the middle part of my belly. I can't tell if I am feeling both babies or only one, but I do feel movement on both sides. 
Stretch Marks?: Nothing new to report on this front.
Belly Button Status?: I thought I'd add a new category this week as I watch and wait for my belly button to pop out. My belly button is definitely more shallow than it's every been in my life, but it's still decidedly an innie. It is looking quite lopsided these days though. I am curious to see how long it holds out for. 
Upcoming Appointments: Sometime in May...
What People are Saying: I got a few comments at the wedding about how small I was, but we mostly received congratulations. Now that it's getting warm enough to go out and about without a coat on some days I keep expecting a stranger to mention or ask about my pregnancy, but thus far it hasn't happened. I am pretty sure that I clearly look pregnant now, but I guess people want to be 100% sure before they say anything.

I think that there's a noticeable difference between this week's picture and last week which is pretty exciting!




1 comment: