Tuesday, March 12, 2013

15 And 16 Weeks

So I failed to get a blog post up for 15 weeks, but I did take my picture and still remember what was going on...so it's probably not too late!

Week 15 was pretty uneventful for the most part. Not a lot new happened. My belly grew some and I continued to be able to hear my little ones on my doppler at home.

Week 16 on the other hand, was stressful. The week was mostly good...but on Sunday I ended up having to go to OB Triage at the hospital due to spotting. Now, I know that spotting in pregnancy can be very normal, but with my past miscarriage I was terrified. I called the after hours line for my OB's office and the doctor on call said that she thought it was probably ok, but since she could tell how worried I was that I should head to the hospital and have things checked out. It ended up being a sensitive, irritated cervix and the spotting has stopped since then. While we were there we did get to see the twins on a quick ultrasound (sorry, no pics since it was an emergency sort of scan). Both babies were moving around like crazy in there. We could see them kicking each other and even punching at my stomach. It was so surreal to see a baby hitting me and not be able to feel it! So, the week has been rather stressful overall, but the babies are still looking ok and I am hoping that we won't have any repeat episodes.

Week 15

Weight137 (+ 1 lbs overall)
Due Date: August 22, 2013
Baby is the size of: An Apple (note: all sizes are comparing the length of baby to a fruit)
Maternity Clothes?: Same as before, just maternity jeans.
Symptoms: Sore breasts and random cravings.
EmotionsFelt alright this week. Time sure seems to be dragging though.
Notable News or Events: Honestly, not a lot happened.
Movement?: Not yet.
Stretch Marks?: Still too early.
Upcoming Appointments: March 26
What People are Saying: Not too much. My mom is always very interested in how I am feeling though.




Week 16
Weight138 (+ 2   lbs overall)
Due Date: August 22, 2013
Baby is the size of: An avocado (note: all sizes are comparing the length of baby to a fruit)
Maternity Clothes?: Just maternity jeans for now. My regular shirts still fit, but I expect I will have to switch to maternity shirts in the next several weeks. The belly just isn't growing very fast yet.
Symptoms: Tired and generally speaking uncomfortable. There was the unfortunate spotting incident. I also had my first middle of the night, pregnancy leg cramp and that was a little rough. 
EmotionsIt's been a roller coaster of a week. Everything from being terrified, to relieved, as well as starting to feel excited about the emerging baby bump.
Notable News or Events: Saw the babies at the ultrasound in the hospital. It was quick, but such a relief!
Movement?: Not yet.
Stretch Marks?: Still too early.
Upcoming Appointments: March 26
What People are Saying: My mom and sister have been great this past week. They have both dedicated lots of phone time to raising my spirits and talking about the babies in general. 







2 comments:

  1. Spotting can be so scary! Glad everything is OK with your babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so, so scary! Thanks. I'm glad to see that you and Wiggler are doing well too! :)

    ReplyDelete