Monday, February 18, 2013

12 Weeks and Ultrasound Pics!!

So week twelve has been a pretty eventful week around here. The biggest and most exciting thing was that we had our NT scan on Monday. I don't think that I can put into words how wonderful it was to see both babies still there with beating hearts and flailing limbs. I REALLY have to babies in there...it's amazing! It might seem kind of silly, but I've been trying not to get my hopes up about having twins, but after seeing both babies looking like babies, I am feeling pretty good. It is still possible for something bad to happen to one or both babies, but every week that we make it brings us closer to bringing home two little beings in August.

Baby A was measuring at 12 weeks 5 days (the ultrasound was at 12 weeks 4 days) and had a heartbeat of 148. This was my squirmy little one who wasn't as fond of posing for a picture. Baby A flipped completely over a couple of times during the ultrasound which was so cool to watch.




Baby B was measuring at 12 weeks  6 days and had a heartbeat of 154. This is my little ham of a baby, posing perfectly for profile shots. Baby B still wiggled around and kicked it's legs and sucked it's thumb...but was overall way more mellow than his or her sibling.


The ultrasound tech didn't have any guesses about babies' genders, but for the first time in this pregnancy I have a gut feeling. It will most assuredly be wrong, but I just have this feeling that Baby A is a boy and Baby B is a girl. We will see in either 1 or 2 months!

In other week 12 news we went to Nathan's yearly work party and went and saw Warm Bodies at the movie theater. We have also decided to really try and look at baby names so that we can at least have a starting list to narrow down! We are each going to write a long list of names that we like, then compare lists and veto names that we don't like. Then we will combine the lists and continue to narrow it down until we have two boy names and two girl names. Whew...it's going to be a long process!

WEEK 12!!!


Weight133 (-3 lbs)
Due Date: August 22, 2013
Baby is the size of: A lime! 
Maternity Clothes?: I alternate between wearing my regular jeans fastened with a hair tie and my single pair of maternity jeans. Shirts are fitting just fine.
Symptoms: Super fatigued! I have been eating quite a bit more and have even experienced some cravings (everything from strawberry shortcake to carrots and ranch dip).
EmotionsI am super happy this week! Just knowing that my babies are growing and moving around in there makes me feel happier than I could have imagined.
Notable News or Events: We had our NT Ultrasound!!
Movement?: Not yet.
Stretch Marks?: Still too early.
Upcoming Appointments: Sometime in the very beginning of March (apparently I'm too lazy to go check on the exact date).
What People are Saying: People have loved seeing the babies' pictures!! Lots of comments about how the look like babies now and how amazing it is! :)




**This post was actually written on time and I could have sworn that I posted it, but when I went to write my 13 week post today it was sitting in my drafts unpublished. Oops! I will publish my 13 week post in the next day or two.**

No comments:

Post a Comment